Technical Program – The SAM Workshop is an important IEEE Signal Processing Society event dedicated to sensor array and multichannel signal processing. The organizing committee invites the international community to contribute with state-of-the-art developments in the field. SAM 2018 will feature plenary talks by leading researchers in the field as well as poster and oral sessions with presentations by the participants.
Research Areas – Authors are invited to submit contributions in the following areas:
- Adaptive beamforming
- Array processing for biomedical applications
- Array processing for communications
- Big data
- Blind source separation and channel identification
- Computational and optimization techniques
- Compressive sensing and sparsity-based signal processing
- Detection and estimation
- Direction-of-arrival estimation
- Distributed and adaptive signal processing
- Intelligent systems and knowledge-based signal processing
- Microphone and loudspeaker array applications
- MIMO radar
- Multi-antenna systems: multiuser MIMO, massive MIMO and space-time coding
- Multi-channel imaging and hyperspectral processing
- Multi-sensor processing for smart grid and energy
- Non-Gaussian, nonlinear, and non-stationary models
- Optimization techniques
- Performance evaluations with experimental data
- Radar and sonar array processing
- Sensor networks
- Source Localization, classification and tracking
- Synthetic aperture techniques
- Space-time adaptive processing
- Statistical modelling for sensor arrays
- Tensor signal processing
- Waveform diverse sensors and systems
Submission of papers – Full-length papers with 4 pages of content and 1 extra page only for references should be electronically submitted.
Submission of Signal Processing Letters papers – Authors of IEEE Signal Processing Letters (SPL) papers will be given the opportunity to present their work at SAM 2018, subject to space availability and approval by the Technical Program Chairs. SPL papers published between 1st June, 2017 and 31st May, 2018 are eligible for presentation at SAM 2018. Requests for presentation of SPL papers should be made by emailing the Technical Program Chairs as early as possible and the latest by 31st May, 2018. Decision will be made within two weeks of receiving the request. Approved requests for presentation must have one author/presenter registered for SAM 2018.
Special session proposals – They should be submitted by e-mail to the Technical Program Chairs and the Special Sessions Chair by 5th February, 2018, and include a title, rationale, session outline, contact information and list of invited speakers. Download the special session proposal form.
Tutorial proposals – They should be submitted by e-mail to the Technical Chairs (Sergiy Vorobyov: firstname.lastname@example.org; Yimin D. Zhang: email@example.com) and the General Chairs (Wei Liu: firstname.lastname@example.org; Peter Willett: email@example.com) and include a title, rationale, outline of the content and contact information by 22nd January, 2018.
Special Session Proposals: 5th February, 2018
Submission of Papers: 24thFebruary, 2018
Notification of Acceptance 30th April , 2018
Final Manuscript Submission 13th May, 2018
Advance Registration 20th May, 2018